Saturday 16 March 2013

Wales: Single Body - Natural Resources Wales

The creation of a single body in Wales is nearing completion to bring together the functions of the Countryside Council for Wales, the Environment Agency Wales, and the Forestry Commission Wales . 

The single body will be called Natural Resources Wales and it comes into full existence from 1 April 2013.

The Welsh Government website has a useful summary of the background to the decision to form a single body and much more information.

I hope that we can develop and maintain links to this body as it finds its feet.  There will be much that can be shared with other parts of the UK.  It may just be me, but I feel that Wales has become more introverted of late, and I would welcome some additional involvement.  There are large upland areas that would benefit from an external, independent view that the Heather Trust could provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!