Monday 18 March 2013

Members' Briefing: Bracken

I make no apologies for having given a lot of coverage in this Blog of the efforts to make asulam available for bracken control in 2013 - I consider it to be a very important upland management issue.  

It is inevitable that this coverage will skew opinion and there is a danger of losing sight of other bracken issues such as why the plant it is special, and other control techniques that do not involve chemical treatment (the presentation I gave to the Robson meeting on 7 March 2013 has more detail about other control techniques).

In an attempt to redress the balance and provide other information about bracken, we have prepared a Members' Briefing and this is available on the website to members and visitors alike from the Reading Room page.  

I hope out of a 'sense of common decency' that if a non-member gains value from this or other Briefings that they will give serious consideration to rectifying their lapse.  All are welcome and joining the Trust confers membership of an influential and distinguished band of people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!