Tuesday 25 October 2011

Asulam - Formation of a Bracken Control Group

As part of the response to the ban on Asulam, it has been decided to set up a Bracken Control Group and I have been asked to coordinate the activities of the Group.

This has been in the offing for some time and I think it is a very logical step, and will serve to coordinate all interests in bracken and its control.

There is much to be done to develop an appropriate response to the ban on Asulam and to seek to ensure that bracken control programmes that are relying on this product can continue in some form.

A quick update to the bracken control website has been carried and more work will follow to allow this resource to be used by the Group.  A newsletter has been circulated to people I have been in touch with about Asulam already.  This can be downloaded from the website and there is a Sign Up option for anyone who would like to receive future copies direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!