Saturday 13 June 2009

United against Cowboys and Criminals

BASC has awarded the Tim Sedgwick Trophy to the former Scottish Minister for Environment, Mike Russell MSP, to acknowledge the stand he took against pressure to ban snaring in Scotland. Mr Russell is now the Minister for Culture, External Affairs and the Constitution but in his acceptance he states that, "Working with all sorts of organisations, including BASC, we were able to unite against the cowboys and criminals and to ensure that we maintained the highest standards of game and wildlife management."

That will do for me. I certainly believe that snaring is an essential part of moorland and upland management in a bid to protect vulnerable and important species. It can be cruel to be kind, but that is nature's way.

For more details see the BASC press release site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!