Monday 1 June 2009

Natural England - Director Uplands


I am delighted by the recent appointment of Martyn Howat as Director Uplands. Martyn has left his post as Natural England’s Regional Director in the North East to take on this job and he will still be based in Newcastle.

I have been part of the Moorland Burning Working Group under Martyn's chairmanship that advised DEFRA on the new Heather & Grass Burning Regulations & Code and I have appreciated his commitment and passion for the uplands. His appointment will help to provide a unifying force within Natural England for the Uplands and help raise the profile of these areas.

The Trust hopes to meet with Martyn to discuss how we can help Natural England achieve its objectives for the uplands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!