Thursday 21 January 2016

North Wales Moors - Stakeholder Workshop - 10 February 2016


I am looking forward to attending the stakeholder workshop at the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel, on 10 February.  The workshop is being organised by the RSPB as part of the bid, which is due to be submitted in September 2016, to the EU LIFE Nature Fund for the North Wales Moors.

If approved, the project will focus on: restoration of blanket bogs across the project area, establishing favourable condition on dry heath and aim to achieve favourable conservation status of Merlin and Hen harrier in the Berwyn and Migneint-Arenig-Dduallt SAC & SPAs.

I hope that the Trust will be able to support this project and build on the contacts we re-established in Wales as part of the meeting held on the Rhiwlas Estate last October, in conjunction with the Trust's AGM.  I understand that the numbers attending have been kept small, but it would be good to see other members and supporters at the meeting.  If you are attending, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!