Wednesday 2 January 2013

Bracken Control: Asulam ban now complete

It became illegal to hold any asulam products, on 1 January 2013.

I am waiting to hear the outcome of an application for an Emergency Authorisation, which if successful, will allow use of asulam products during a limited period, this summer.  I submitted the application on behalf of the Bracken Control Group and the Advisory Committee on Pesticides will be meeting to consider it, at the end of January.

As soon as I know more, I will circulate details through the Bracken Control Newsletters and this Blog.

The Heritage Journal contains an article that reinforces the impact that bracken rhizomes can have on archaeology.  

The concerns about the loss of the most important bracken control agent goes far and wide.  This article emphasises that the concerns embrace a very wide and diverse range of organisations, and provides more incentive, if it were needed, to make sure that every effort is made to return asulam products to their former status. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!