Thursday 28 April 2011

Wildfire Risk is High

There have been several wildfires in different parts of the country and the current dry weather is increasing the risk of damage day by day.

the amount of damage that wildfires can do comes as no surprise and the effort, and associated cost, required by the Fire & Rescue Services to put these fires out is enormous.  For those who would like details of recent wildfires see the following links: West Yorkshire, the Highlands, and Inverness-shire.

I am sure that there have already been many more examples and I would like to be sent details.  I fear that if this dry spell continues there will be plenty of work for the Fire & Rescue Services.   To those out & about in the UK uplands, this weekend, I ask that they take care not to start fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!