Sunday 14 December 2014

Friday: Edinburgh - HT Board Meeting

The final leg of the week took me from Boat of Garten to Edinburgh through a snow covered Aviemore.  There was some doubt about trains running to time, but they ran perfectly.

The HT Board meeting was held in the salubrious surroundings of the New Club, from a room which has an unimpeded, magnificent view of Edinburgh Castle.

The Board members rattled through a busy agenda.  I presented a summary of activity since the last meeting and we agreed plans for 2015.  It looks like being a very busy year with work being spread across England and Scotland.  Also, there is hope that my recent visit to Northern Ireland has re-kindled some good links; it is a part of the UK where the Trust's message could have some beneficial impact, and it is very close to our base in Dumfries.

For 2015, the Board agreed that I should continue to focus the Trust's efforts on five areas of work: heather management, heather beetle, bracken control, Scotland's Moorland Forum and peatlands.  In addition, Patrick Laurie and Sam Harrison will be running the Country Market & Sporting Sale, which will close at 12:00 on 1 May 2015.  In addition to backing me up, Anne Stoddart will be producing the Annual Report in August, and Clara Jackson who will be managing members and their subscriptions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!