Thursday 18 November 2010

Heather Trust and Heather Beetle in 'The Times'

© Malcolm Storey, 2005, www.bioimages.org.uk
Are we making progress with raising the profile about this scourge of heather?  This piece by Nick Drainey may not exactly be front page material but every little helps.

We are starting work with our President, Rob Marrs, to do some restoration trial work in the wake of the beetle outbreak on Langholm Moor in Dumfries-shire.  This is a first step towards expanding our knowledge about heather beetle and how to manage it.  I will report on this in more detail when the work is fully under way.

2 comments:

  1. A problem with the link to the article, at least for me.

    Thanks,

    andy

    ReplyDelete

Please send me any comments on the content of this Blog. I may not agree with you but I will always welcome your feedback!